Thursday, June 2, 2011

Marisa Kirisame

Marisa kirisame by Gokokuden
Sculpted by Yoshi
Made of abs and pvc.
Originally sold for 8000

I managed to get this one off Yahoo.japan with a proxy bidder for 60,00 yen some time back with a fair amount of hunting .
The price it goes for on ebay kept me from opening it for the longest time, but I said what the heck, and here it is.


 Must say, the box for this one was pretty darn big.
And simple too, as you can see, it's mostly a solid orange all the way around, with the exception of the bottom.
Don't know why Suika is on the box, but whatever.


 The front opens to show the artwork the figure was modeled after.

 The base, with a bit of assembly.

As you may be able to tell, the base doesn't sit perfectly flat.
 I thought the blocks at the end of the broom looked a bit odd, but it's still fine.

 And here she is in all her glory.


 just as I was foretold before by someone else with the same figure, her hate doesn't stay on all that well, the only thing really keeping it in place is that hand, but doesn't hold very well.
Not to big of a problem though, I've yet to have had it fall off on it's own.


Even from the other side I think it looks awesome.
Here's another thing I found a bit odd about the broom, those 2 parts that hang out like they do, I think they kind of stand out and don't really blend well with the rest of the broom's end, but again, not a big deal.


I love this figure, I really think they did a excellent job of transferring the illustration into a figure.
I'd say this is simply marvelous figure and is still my favorite Marisa fig I've seen yet, which is why I just had to get it.

7 comments:

  1. That is a very nice Marisa fig.

    My favorite one is still the figma though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about buying this Marisa too. Her shoe almost falling off makes her pose so much cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. >>60,00

    at first I read 60k yen
    and I was like "you're awesome"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The loose shoe is a really interesting details. Decent frills are a plus.

    I like your fishes floating on top of imageshack's Domain Unregistered frog image lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice figure, she has a good action pose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the look of this figure. I love how she's clutching onto her hat to stop it falling off, and the half-off shoe is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete