Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ryofu Housen

Ryofu housen, from ikki tousen; dragon destiny
1/7 scale
made of PVC
manufactured by Orchid Seed
Release Date 2008/04
originally sold for ¥6800
about 170 mm tall

I forget how much exactly I paid for this, something around 5000 - 6000 yen I think.
another fig I bought off yahoo.jp, nice play to get old/sold out figures, but can be pricey with the fees proxy bidders charge.

 Although I wasn't a huge fan of the show, I still thought this fig was really cute, and just had to have it.

 A little embarrassed to say, but it took me forever to figure out what that small white peace was for, I guess I should have paid more attention to the images on the box.


 The material used on stool seems kind of brittle, as if it could easily brake

 The spaces in those britches kind of stand out, but they wouldn't stick together that well.

 Not the best paint job on those hair bows, a little on the sloppy side there,  but other then that it's fine on the rest of the fig.


 The skirt doesn't sit very flush with the top, mainly near the back, making for some large gaps, same for that bit the arm is around.


and of course, this is a cast off.

 skirt is easy enough to remove.

 Without that large skirt, she doesn't fit very well on the stand, and now kind of just hovers over it, being held up by the foot and hand alone.

 The top was a little bit of a struggle, and i almost gave up on it.
seems as if that top has multiple pegs that act like buttons keeping it in place, her right arm and hair also need to be removed to get that part off.



 A wonderful addition to any collection I think.

6 comments: