Monday, November 12, 2012

Saber (Zero version) + V-max

 

Figma #126,  Saber  (Fate/Zero)
produced by Max Factory
made of ABS, PVC
Msrp of ¥2857
released 2012/10/22, and again on 2012/04/28
135 mm (5.27 in) tall


 box pics  first as always...

Modest selection of accessories, but not bad.


those bracelets she has are actually removable. It's a nice touch even if they kinda makes things a bit tricky when swapping hands


The transparent sword is kinda neat, but I think it would have been better if it wasn't so cloudy and was instead crystal clear, like the parts that make up the figma stands. It's supposed to be kinda inadvisable after all right? yet it kinda really sticks out.
....okay, in itself, the fig a bit boring. BUT! I got a little something extra here just for her.


Man, this thing, this thing took me like forever to find.


Think this bike cost me like $30 or so off ebay. Held onto it for what felt like ages while waiting for the saber figma (which wouldn't have happened if I got the first release, but whatever.)


Christmas came early this year Saba!!


Of course I made sure to get the bike in figma scale (1/12)



This was one of those times when I was reminded just how small Japanese people are. because she can easily look small with the bike, in spite of it being the correct scale. but still, her hands fit right over the handles perfectly. Almost like they were made to be together.

so yeah, as you can see, This is why the sidewalk on the display I made was so narrow, I primarily built it for saber and this bike.
Also, the door on the wall was bugging me so I printed out a new wall cover thing.


The concept of the sword effect is sorta neat, but I don't think it looks all that good, just seems a bit blocky, especially near the handle of the sword where it doesn't sit very flush. also sorta creates some balancing issues.

The bike itself does look nice as a glance, but it's covered in imperfections, very visible screws, mold lines on everything, and even the speedometer sticker was crocked. but it's not bad for the price I paid.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't struggle a bit to get her to sit down on it all the way.

look familiar at all?

 at the bottom are the swords from the zero version of saber, and at the top the sword from the original version. as you can see, there's a bit of a difference in color. There are also some very subtle differences in the design of the model itself if you look close enough

I should note that they actually do have an official bike for the figma saber. But I find it ugly as hell, and she only ever used it for like 5 minutes in fate/zero, so yeah, I'm not really interested in getting it.



 But I do find it amusing how many saber zero figures they've made with that other bike, even making a life size replica of it for show or something. yet you almost never see anything involving the v-max that she used much much more.  I guess they had some licensing problems, hehe. The first pic in this post was taken from a garage kit of the bike, which so far is the only official merchandise I've seen depicting her with the v-max.


A horse might be more appropriate for this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment