Friday, March 29, 2013

Shana

 figma #025 review – Shakugan no Shana II – Shana
produced by Max Factory
MSRP: ¥2380
released: 12/2008
Bought this a few years ago off ebay, really can't remember how much it cost me but this is one I'm confident isn't bootleg, unlike some of the other figs I've bought there in the past.
.

.
 comes with 1 extra face, sword melon-pan and the standard spare hands with stand.
.
 Quality is pretty decent all around on this one.
.

She doesn't actually come with any hands that are specifically made to hold that bread.
.


 A really nice feature about this figure is the hair that can be expanded on both sides. The joints and whatnot don't stand out so it looks perfectly natural ether way you have it.
.
The sword she comes with is huge, about as big as herself. She comes with two extra hands specificity for holding the sword.
.
.
.
So anyways, after making the first version of my Ika Musume display set [ http://www.reallyneet.com/?p=150 ] I decided to reused the base that I made and make a display for Shana.


My idea for this display was to do something with fire. For this setup I used some very simple wiring with leds with a extra button cell battery. just had to cut out a block to put over the old set.
.
 The old background didn't want to come off without a fight...
.
 Took a while to cut out them flames. As these were something you'd see front and backs of when put in place, I glued two printed sheets back to back and cut them out together.
.
 Overall I think I spent more time looking for and editing the pattern than anything else. yet I still ended up having doubts...
.


 This was the more or less finished product.
.
 Because I didn't have a spare switch at the time, I had to arrange the wires in a way to let me turn the thing on/off after opening the display.
.
 This is what it looks like with all the lights off. I didn't think it looked very good, too much red.
.
 So I went back and wired in another LED
.
 I think this gave it a better color.
.

 bit better I think.
.
 Eventually I was able to find a spare switch and got it wired into place.
.

Might have been better if it was brighter but whatever.
.
 Anyways, really nice fig I think, not much else to say
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment