Sunday, June 30, 2013

Izumi Konata - Haruhi cosplay version

konata haruhi cosplay 
figma #EX 001 review – Lucky☆Star – Izumi Konata  Cosplay Ver.


produced by Max Factory
MSRP: ¥2380
released: 2008/02
.
Had this fig for like 3 years before finally getting around to unboxing it recently. I kept it in the box all that time becuase it seemed valuable and rare, which turned out to not really be the case at all.
A buddy tells me that apparently they were originally going to be a 6000 unit limited release, but they got a second run. I have no clue if this is one of the original 6000 or not.
.
konata figma boxMaybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem like Kagami's image on the box matches what she's saying at all. The text bubble says "wooohoo!!" but she looks like she just encountered a flasher.
.
Another interesting thing about the box here is every single spare hand she comes with including the stand are prominently displayed on the front of the box, where as normally those things are hidden away to make room for more interesting items. I don't think I've seen another figma that came with an empty hand holder.
.
03Easily the least amount of accessories among any figma out there. Comes with a stand 6 hands and a alternate face. This is the other reason why I never got around to unboxing her until now.
.
04I heard a lot of people were having some really bad problems with this figure such as parts fusing together and/or braking, but lucky I didn't have those problems. But I did notice her front hair peace feels really cheap and doesn't stay in place very well, just like the other two figma versions of the same character.
.
05
Went and built a simple little background display thing to go with this fig and the kagami cosplay figma. 'The big sight' seemed appropriate, it's even on the box for the fig.
.
06Doesn't really seem like there's much to say about the figure. The quality is on par with other figma which is good. the only thing is the lack of accessories makes it a bit boring. Not that I can really even think of much they could have included anyway.
.
07It's worth pointing out that her faces are indeed interchangeable with the other Konata figma versions.
.
09as mentioned, I think she goes well with the kagamii-miku, like two peas in a pod.
.
10.
11
.
13
and a group shop with some other figs.
.
I wish there was more to say about the figure but there really isn't. It's a possible figure of Izumi Konata in Haruhi Cosplay, that's pretty much it.
I wouldn't say this fig is half bad. It just would have been nice if it had a bit more going for it. as far as figma go it's very average with nothing special going for it, hell it's basically two other figma combined into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment