Thursday, July 21, 2011

Primula

  Primula from Shuffle!
by Atelier Sai,
1/8 scale
origanle price ¥4500
 
Got this one off ebay, for around $25 -$30 or so, it was a fair time back so I forget exactly.
I packed her away and forgot about her, which is something I do with things I plan on giving myself for x-mas and birthdays, but I hid her to well, and couldin't find her when that time hit.
Wasn't untill a few weeks latter that I found her, and a few months latter untill I got around to this.. yeah I'm slow and lazy.. I know..

Anyways, onto the figure!



As always, starting with the box she came in, nothing really special here, but not bad.
strait out the packaging.
As you can see, some assembly is required.

 I want to say it's not a bad figure, but the quality on it is pretty bad...

 I thought this was a bootleg, comparing it to the official images, 
untill I checked that other people with the same figure all had the same quality.
it's to bad it can't look as nice as the official images, but it could be worse, I guess.

 The quality of the materials feels like that of a typical gashapon, slightly soft and flexible.
Heck, the overall quality of this is barely better then the average gashapon

 I was rather suprised to see this.
That's really just sloppy right there. 

 This is clearly one figure not meant to be seen from behind.

 Another thing, her hand doesn't sit flush on her knee as it should.
I'm tempted to glue it on place.

the face looks kind of off, the hair has lots of remnants from the molding process, there's the (mostly) missing paint on the back, and not exactly the best pain app ever.

Still, I don't regret buying it, it has a rather nice charm to it.


I ended up making a background image and sticking it to the back of the window.
I think it goes well with it, and makes it stand out a tad bit more.

2 comments:

  1. >I want to say it's not a bad figure, but the quality on it is pretty bad...

    That's a shame, the construction part of a figure usually makes it more interesting for me but I guess this really looks more plastic/shiney?

    That's usually the reason I don't like SEGA, Megahouse, or other game prize figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame about the quality, but for the price (considering the obligatory ebay markup) it's probably to be expected.

    >That's usually the reason I don't like SEGA, Megahouse, or other game prize figures.

    Yeah, there really is a substantial quality drop when you get into prize figure territory.

    ReplyDelete