Friday, December 6, 2013

Class room

class 
1/12 Posable Figure Accessory - School Desks and Chairs - 1/12 (Hasegawa) with Custom made classroom.

So yeah, bought these desk things which are like the perfect size for figma and other same sized figs. Got two of these sets a while ago off AmiAmi for about $5 or so each.
.
school chair boxThe box they come in, simple enough. Has the instructions printed on the back.
.
01
Comes with materials for 3 desks and 3 chairs. also came with a floor part I thought was kinda neat. Nice of them to toss that in.
.
02some of the runners were placed in some really shitty spots and were a pain to cut properly. took a while to get the plastic rounded down in those areas properly to match the rest of the pattern.
.
03tried tossing some bags on there, don't work as well as they could have. I dunno if it's becuase the hooks are too small or if it's the bags.
.
04so of course I had to paint these things. this was just an in progress shot, but I think the silver coat really makes them look better.
.
01So yeah, this is from when I started working on a classroom to go with the desks.
.
02Took me forever to decide on how to go about the windows.
.
03pretty basic structure really.   Thought a lot about making a full classroom but settled for just the corner due to space restrictions and stuff like that.
.
DSC05579 copy
Applied some paint to the window trim parts. the large silver part was part of the original board used for the wall, the smaller parts were cut to shape from cereal box cardboard. The original parts I cut out didn't work too well, they got warped with the paint and didn't fit as well as they could have. so I made new oversize ones and stuck them outside the classroom instead of inside the window frame itself.
.
04I ended up scanning the floor patters the desks came with and printed out some copies and glued them down onto the room. Seemed a bit silly but I wanted to hold onto the other ones for if/when I make a full size classroom.
.

05Around the point that I started attaching some trim to the walls I accidentally spilled some water on the floor, which left a few nasty marks. so I pulled it off and tried it again.
.
06Saw online that at some cons people have sold 1/12 scale lockers, but seeing as they're impossible to get online I made my own. This one here was my second attempt, first one being complete junk. This thing is made of cereal box cardboard which I painted over with some primer.
.
07I tried a few things to make it possible to open and close the locker, including using magnets. In the end it was just too hard to keep the door closed becuase of a mistake I made while building it.
.
08Here's the finished product. ended up having to glue the door closed unfortunately. also the primer seemed to leave some unsightly cracks on it. thanks to some sanding and painting they became less noticeable at least. I tried using some of the silver paint I also used for the desks to give it a bit of a worn look, but I think I may have gone a bit overboard.
.
10again using some cereal box cardboard I cut off a peace for the chalkboard. sprayed part of it with primer and started painting that part green. the other part was for the pinboard.
.
11once the back was painted I went on to cut out the trim.
.
12This is the completed chock/pin board before attaching it to the backwall.
.
14Took a lot of searching for a while to find an appropriate background. To get an idea of how they'd look I'd basically just hold the classroom up to my pc screen till I found something that worked.
.
15This is the more or less finished product. Made some curtains out of folded up paper and printed out some items to stick up on the pin board. Was originally planing to use plexiglass for the windows but that would have cost to much, so I used a chunk of some transparent plastic...  I dunno, don't seem right to call it fabric but it did come from a fabric store, well whatever.
.
16
Thing didn't come out too bad considering I was going off purely images I could find online of Japanese classrooms.
.
17
I might get another set of those desks, since there's room for another two up front. oh, and I made a little eraser thing to go with the chock board as well. Might try making some more props to go with it latter on.
.
Tohno1374114867
So yeah, there you have it I guess.
Ended up using a lot more paint on this display set than any other so far. with most of the displays I made I'd mostly use printed images, so this one was kinda fun to do in that regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment